Sunday, April 12, 2015

Why I "check in" at church?



A while ago, someone asked on facebook "why do people "checkin" at church?

I don't remember who it was, but everytime I do, I keep thinking "I need to do a blogpost about this".

Here's why:

1. Because I am so thankful to be here.
I am thankful that I am able.
I am thankful to be with my family.
And I am thankful that I made it.  (meaning...we made an effort to put other things aside, and go to church!)

2. Because I can!
It's my wall (or twitter feed) and I can check in where I want to :)
I mean, I check-in at the coffee shop, and at dinner, why in the world wouldn't I want to "brag" about going to church! Holla! #CheckIn #ImHere #ComeSitWithMe 

3. But mostly, because I should.
"Share the news of Jesus"
"do not be silent"
"go forth, and tell others"
and I can go on and on!

4. So my friends can sit with me :)
It's nice when someone says "Hey, y'all go to Church of the Highlands?"
"Yes! We do!"
"We are thinking of trying it out? When do y'all go?"

And then the convo goes from there. It's much less intimidating to go to church for the first time, if you already have friends there!

Yes! We do! Come sit with us!
It makes a big church---become a small church!

So, I challenge you....dear reader! Don't keep your church-going to yourself! Check-in! Share the good news! Invite a friend! I mean...they just might take you up on it! 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Some things you might like!!