Saturday, December 27, 2014

A happy ending




When I was in college, and busy being a strong-willed girl (that's a nice way to describe me) she was my listening ear. 

I spent many nights at her house, a girl with no clue just trying to figure out who I was.  And she let me be me. 

When I met Scott, and just days later, we knew we wanted to get married, she was a fan of "us". 

When she got divorced, and moved to Birmingham, she became my running buddy.  I was all grown up :)

I'll never forget her words as I rounded the corner at the finish of my first 5k. She had run with me step for step and she said "finish strong!!!" And I did. 
She believed in me, when I doubted myself. 



Then when she met her "cowboy", I became a fan of "them". 

I'm so thankful for my mom's twin sister. She gets me. She's always been the "mom" that didn't nag me :)
And because she had only boys, (funny how I'm drawn to her) somehow I knew I was a daughter she never had. 

Tonight, she married her knight in shining armor, and I couldn't be any happier for her than I was tonight. 
#ProudNiece


God is so good! 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Some things you might like!!