Wednesday, June 22, 2011

She was his biggest fan....


10 years ago today, we lost sweet Kendall....and every time I see this picture. It gets me.

This was the perfect picture of her sweet spirit. How she wanted the best for everyone else. How she was so giving, and so loving.

She was so sweet and tender to me the whole time I was pregnant with Chappy. It was such a tough pregnancy.

And, she never complained about her sickness, or her aches and pains. She was just so loving. And tender. That is the best word I can find.

When I got this picture developed (yes, back in the day of film).....I could see the tears in her eyes, and honestly, it's like I could feel the joy deep inside of her.

She was her brother's biggest fan. She was his cheerleader. She always told him "love you, brother" and when she said it, she said it with the sweetest tone, and she meant it.

I know that she was so proud when Chappy "finally made it"! She was so so proud of her little brother. And that made my heart smile.

Now, when I look back, this picture is such a treasure. Just a simple reminder of just how sweet and short life is.

If I knew then, what I know now.....and that 10 years later, I would be blogging about her, instead of able to call her on the phone....I probably would've called more, and stayed longer, and...and...and....

But, I'm just so very thankful for the years I did have. And, so thankful that my hubby had a "biggest fan".....way before I came along :)

Sweet Keni, I miss you.

1 comment:

jenniferleigh said...

I can't believe its been 10years already. She was so sweet and in the 9th grade when we marched and played the clairinet we were next 2 each other. I never learned the music and would just blow any note and she would laugh and say just pretend b/c ur messing me up laughing at u...my brother and I called her Clavical instead of Kendall and she'd laugh. So sad to see someone like her leave this earth so young but she left her mark for sure...Sweet,Kind and so caring :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Some things you might like!!