Thursday, November 11, 2010

Washington DC---the trip--post TWO of several :)


So, the first stop was at the National Museum of the American Indian. What a very cool place. We actually went there first because we were STARVING.

Um, not so sure this was the place to go (although it came highly recommended). It had all kinds of weird-indian-named food! So, I settled for the Chicken Mole burrito. (would be that be mole...like you know. MOLE...or is that supposed to be mol-e....you know like hosea?) Anyways, it was ok. Just ok. I would not recommend it. None of us were in love with our selections, but, like I said, we were starving, so anything was good at this point!

Then, we went thru the museum watching all of the movies, and looking at all of the artifacts.

I could NOT resist this sign! I think I need to paint it in our home!

Um, without a doubt....I AM SUMMER PEOPLE!


Ok, then back outside, to enjoy more of the National Mall.

I realized more on this trip....really...WAY more...that my husband is a History Nerd. And, when I say Nerd.....that does NOT do it justice.

He had to look E.V.E.R.Y. statue. Every little tiny piece of writing on it. Everything. So....we did! So, you too can check out this one of Garfield!

And one more for your viewing pleasure!


They were in the process of setting up for a rally, so the stage was in my way, but...hey,that's part of it, ya know!


But, it was a beautiful day, overall, and we were just loving being here!

And, then, we wondered around, kind of acting like we knew what we were doing......and just walked right in, and asked if we could get a tour of the Capitol......and they said "yes, right this way"........

1 comment:

Ott, A. said...

Looks like you got to see a lot while you were out there. It's such a great place to visit and site see.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Some things you might like!!