Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Crafty Treats

I love Fall, and I love to start getting my house ready for the seasons!

So, I decided, on a pretty Sunday afternoon, to make a little something I have been wanting to try! I had this old wood, from a project that Mason and my Father-in-law were working on....

So, I picked out a few pieces that were good for what I was wanting.

I cleaned it up, and spray painted it black. Now, I wanted it to look a little rusty, so I did not coat it super well, just to let a tiny bit of the wood show!

Then, I played around on the computer and found a font I wanted, so I opened up a word document, and made my words, and made them as big as the screen would allow!


Then, I printed them on cardstock, and then cut the letters out with an x-acto knife (treating my words as a stencil).

Then, I took them outside, and I used temporary spray adhesive....(you could use tape)....and sprayed the wood, with a silver textured spray paint!



And, here it is, in the kitchen! I love it! And, I love having a little handmade something in my kitchen!


ps: the cute little orange letters are from my scrapbook stash!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

love it !!! great job!!!

lucysinspired said...

absolutely adorable!!!! make me some!

Jennifer said...

Oooohhh... I like it!

Tina said...

So cute!

Lisa said...

those are the cutest things!! i need some scrap wood!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Some things you might like!!