Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sad, Sad Day

It's a sad day. I learned last night of the terrible news that Rick and Sherri's son had gone to be with Jesus. We (the 4 of us) stopped immediately to pray..pray that it was not true, pray that "cornbread" was safe and ok, pray that if it was true that God's peace and strength be with Rick and Sherri at this time.

I know the pain that Mason dealt with (and still does) when we lost our Elijah, and I can't even begin to imagine the pain that Sherri is dealing with right now.

It feels like I have seen their kids grow up. I rememeber when Rick announced that they were expecting the 5th child, and that it officially made them "white trash". I have loved this family, and laughed at their ventures, and today I cry with their pain.

May God Bless them, and Bubba and Speedy & D, and their families as they all seek God and clarity during this time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey! I just heard about this and thought about you, actually. I figured you would have something on here about it. I hope you are doing well and of course my thoughts and prayers will be with the Burgess family.

Miss you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Some things you might like!!